We’re all about keeping our dollars within our community. And that’s why we’ve compiled a list of black-owned banks for you to help us achieve this goal.
Since 2001, the number of black-owned businesses has declined by 54%. Some of them have been acquired while others have gone out of business.
Yet we need the banks for our financial needs, and black-owned banks know where the shoe hurts the most.
Here’s the list.
- Alamerica Bank (Birmingham, AL)
- Broadway Federal Bank (Los Angeles, CA)
- Carver Federal Savings Bank (New York, NY)
- Carver State Bank (Savannah, GA)
- Citizens Trust Bank (Atlanta, GA)
- Citizen Trust Bank (Birmingham, AL)
- Citizens Bank (Nashville, TN)
- Columbia Savings and Loan (Milwaukee, WI)
- City National Bank (Newark, NJ)
- Commonwealth National Bank (Mobile, AL)
- First Independence Bank (Detroit, MI)
- The Harbor Bank (Baltimore, MD)
- GN Bank (Chicago, IL)
- Industrial Bank (Washington D.C.)
- Liberty Bank (New Orleans, LA)
- Liberty Bank (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Liberty Bank (Kansas City, MO)
- Liberty Bank (Chicago, IL)
- Liberty Bank (Jackson, MS)
- Mechanics & Farmers Bank (Durham, NC)
- OneUnited Bank (Miami, FL)
- OneUnited Bank (Boston, MA)
- United Bank of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA)
- Unity National Bank (Houston, TX)
You may also like : Top guide of Black-Owned Businesses you have to support